Parmele Law Firm, PC
COLUMBIA MO 65201
Hours: Mon. – Fri., 8:30am – 4:30pm.
Closed for lunch 12:00pm – 1:00pm.
The Columbia office is one of a network of 19 offices focusing exclusively on SSD/SSDI law. It serves the Central Missouri communities of Fulton, Mexico, Centralia, Moberly, Macon, Fayette and Boonsville.
All of our locations offer free consultations. The are no attorney fees unless we win your case.
Click here for the Corporate Office
A disability lawyer with Parmele Law Firm in Columbia, MO is dedicated to helping you and your family receive SSI/SSDI benefits.
Disability in the United States is much more common than one might think. The U.S. Census Bureau estimates that about 7,980 individuals in Columbia, MO alone, under 65 years of age have a disability. In addition, many are unaware that the SSI and SSDI application process is long, rigorous and filled with regulations. This makes it very difficult for an individual with a disability to be approved for SSI or SSDI (at least the first time).
This is where a disability lawyer can step in to help. At Parmele Law, our staff members and attorneys strive to help you with your disability case, whether you are wanting SSI benefits, SSDI benefits or experiencing discrimination.
Why Choose Parmele Law?
Choosing a disability lawyer can be a tough decision. You want to make sure that you pick the right person to help you with your case. Our attorneys at Parmele Law are concerned about the wellbeing of you and your family. We want to make sure although you may have a disability, you are still able to financially support yourself and your loved ones. Not only are we compassionate about what we do, we also have in-depth knowledge about the SSI/SSDI application process and disability law.
How a Disability Lawyer with Parmele Law Firm Can Help
Many may wonder why it is necessary to hire a disability lawyer if the application process for SSI or SSDI can be completed on your own. While you can apply for SSI/SSDI on your own, it significantly decreases and prolongs your chances of getting approved for benefits. Some ways that a disability lawyer at Parmele Law can help you win your disability case include:
- Knowledge: A disability lawyer with Parmele Law has thorough knowledge of SSI, SSDI and disability law. Not only will our attorneys be able to answer any questions you have about your case, they will also know what to do to receive benefits and expedite the long process.
- Attention: Our disability lawyers pay close attention to the details included in your benefits application, while also keeping an eye out for anything that will be advantageous to your case.
- Voice: Our attorneys can advocate for you in hearings, as well as speak on your behalf. This takes the stress of the application process off of you and gives you peace of mind. Let an individual who is experienced and knowledgeable help you convey the extent of your disability.
- Verification: A disability lawyer with Parmele Law Firm will make sure you have the necessary information from physicians, as well as other individuals, who can confirm your disability. We will also be able to present this information and apply it to your case.
- Denial: Several individuals get denied the first time they apply for SSI/SSDI. Our experienced attorneys can help you with the reconsideration and appeal processes if this happens to you.
Set Up a Consultation with Parmele Law
If you or someone you care about has a disability and does not receive any benefits, please feel free contact Parmele Law in Columbia, MO to set up a consultation with a disability lawyer. We will be waiting for your call!
How to Find Us
Our Columbia office is centrally located and is a short drive from downtown Columbia and the University of Missouri campus, which boasts a top-tier journalism school and a beautiful campus, complete with the famous Academic Building columns, the only survivors to a fire that destroyed the rest of the original building in 1892. Our office is also a short drive from world-class healthcare through both the University of Missouri Health System and Boone Hospital Center, as well as the Truman VA Hospital. If you are looking for the Social Security field office, or the Social Security Hearing Office, both are located on the south side of Columbia, and are easily accessible through many routes from our office.
If you are hungry, our office is not far from delicious local fare like Flat Branch Pub and Restaurant, Addison’s, Coley’s, and Booche’s Burgers. Downtown Columbia is also home to the Missouri Symphony Society, which hosts shows year-round. Everything you can enjoy in Columbia is just a short drive south of our Columbia office.