A Disability Application Checklist from a Social Security Disability Lawyer in Cape Girardeau MO
At Parmele Law firm we understand that the task of applying for your Social Security Disability (SSD) benefits can be overwhelming. To help ease your concerns we had our Social Security disability lawyer in Cape Girardeau, MO put together this helpful checklist of all the information you need to have on hand to help make the SSD application process both faster and easier. Before you begin the application make sure you have:
- The names and dates of birth for all your minor children and your spouse.
- Dates for all marriages and divorces.
- W-2 Form from last year (or your IRS 1040 and Schedules C and SE if you are self-employed)
- Military Service discharge information for all periods of active duty. (Form DD 214)
- Checking or savings account number with bank routing number (only if you would like to receive your benefit checks via direct deposit.)
In order to fill out the disability report section of the application you will also need to provide the following information:
- Contact information (Name, address and phone number) for someone that the Social Security Administration can speak to who would know about your medical conditions and can assist with your claim.
- Contact information (Names, addresses, phone numbers) for all doctors, hospitals, and clinics, as well as patient ID numbers and dates of treatment.
- Names of ALL the medicines you are taking and the name of the physician who prescribed them.
- Names and dates of all the medical procedures and tests you have had and the physician who sent you for them.
- A list of all the jobs you have had in the last 15 years before you became unable to work. Include the beginning and ending dates if possible.
- Information about any insurance or workers’ compensation claims you filed, (including the claim number, name, address and phone number of the insurance company.)
If you need more information or are interested in receiving help from a Social Security Lawyer in Cape Girardeau, MO or any of our other offices across Missouri, Kansas, or Illinois, please contact us Toll Free at 1.877.882.5651 or on the web at www.ParmeleLawFirm.com today.
MO Supreme Court Rule 4-7.2 “The choice of a lawyer is an important decision and should not be based solely upon advertisements. The information and materials on this blog are provided for general informational purposes only and are not intended to be legal advice. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. Being general in nature, the information and materials provided may not apply to any specific factual and/or legal set of circumstances. No attorney-client relationship is formed nor should any such relationship be implied. Nothing on this blog is intended to substitute for the advice of an attorney, especially an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction. If you require legal advice, please consult with a competent attorney licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Past results are no guarantee of future results.